What came into your mind when you heard the word “DevFest” for the first time? Well, as per official website - GDG DevFests are large, community-run developer events happening around the globe focused on community building and learning about Google’s technologies. But as our GDG Baroda lead Manan Jadhav says - Normal people have festivals like Navratri, Christmas, Diwali, and we developers have our own festival like DevFest; where we learn new things about Android, Web, and Cloud, make friends and have fun (of course). This time in 2017, GDG Baroda DevFest was held at Four Points by Sheraton on 1st October.
As always GDG Baroda came up with sessions by rockstar speakers:
- Keynote by Rahul Banker
- Building for Android Oreo by Mamata Gelanee
- Mastering Gradle 3.0 by Sneh Pandya
- Automating App Deployments by Hardik Mistry
- Special Session
- LetsEncrypt by Manan Jadhav
- Animation Matters 101 by Hardip Patel
- Create a Google community by Rahul Banker
Some of the titbits from DevFest 17 are:
- One of the most special and exciting thing about DevFest 17 was, we had Mr. Dushyant Jadeja from Google that time. He answered some of the queries from the audience as well, one of the most interesting ones was “How to join Google?”. If you have the same query, attend DevFest 18 and you can ask it yourself.😉
- A new initiative, Women Techmakers was announced, which is women community to share their passion, ideas, knowledge through various sessions, workshops. Mamata Gelanee is newly appointed WTM Baroda lead now. If you’re Women in Tech, feel free to join WTM Baroda.
- DevFest 17 is where our addiction to Kahoot started. And guess what, the winner got Chromecast !!!
- More than a HUNDRED professionals and students under one roof, SIX Rockstar speakers, and ONE grand event. We can’t be happy more.
- It was all possible just because of our hardworking GDG leads, a team of volunteers and the support from the DevRel team of Google.
That’s all from our side, hope you enjoyed DevFest 17. Here at GDG Baroda, we’re eagerly waiting for DevFest 2018. Are you? Then stay tuned for more updates…